Friday 31 December 2010

Hmmmmm it's officially the last day of 2010

Actually to me it's still the 30th of Dec 2010 as I'm still up and won't be going to bed for a while yet. But still, it will be the last blog of the decade.

I tried very hard this year to move forward, career wise and in getting the house sorted out. I did indeed make several steps forward but life being what it is tripped me up and although I didn't ac tally move backwards, I made very little headway.

Tonight I have sat here with a sheet of paper making those notes to self, jottings and complicated diagrams and calculations that are supposed to help me decide my course of action for the year ahead. Not sure they helped much, but made me feel I was doing something. And I do have to do something and fast. It's all very well being assured that my work is good and should be selling. In fact thanks to the many lovely people who took the time -sometimes just in passing-to say how much they liked my work, and those who gave me support and help in so many ways. Between you all my fundamental confidence and self belief has grown this year.

But as I said I have to do something to make money quickly. Our personal finances are precarious made even more so by the dearth of work for my driving instructor husband, due to a local test centre having been closed for rather a long time now and of course the recent weather. I'm looking for a job to bring in some reliable cash, but my chaotic CV and having to put 'chronic migraine' on any application narrows down the opportunities.

We will see................................

No comments:

Post a Comment