Monday 24 May 2010

Light Night at the Bluecoat




A week or so ago I made my maiden appearance at a Contemporary Craft and Art Fair in the courtyard of the elegant Bluecoat Arts Centre in Liverpool. These are usually held on the last Saturday of the month, but this was run on Light Night (galleries, museums, shops and more staying up long past their usual bed time) and had a good vibe. Rain might have dampened things a little but didn't stop play. I'll be there again this Saturday and hope that higher light levels and fine weather bring more sales.



Two days later on Bank Holiday Monday I will be at Coronation Gardens West Kirby (on the Wirral). This is a new venture for all involved and looks to be an exciting event. A wide variety of art and photography will be hung in alcoves i the walls of the gardens. Along with others I will be taking a table for yet more goodies, in my case my hand bound books. The Sunset Lounge Cafe will be serving drinks and snacks. I have an image of people wandering in the sunshine, ice creams in hand as they peruse the artwork, so much better than at the Tate!

No comments:

Post a Comment